The double towered Franciscan Church and Convent (Friars Church) is situated on the corner of the Vár street and Main square. The oldest Church in the town center, this structure was
erected between 1728–1779. The fate of the convent is tightly interwoven with the life of the Church as was that of a Franciscan elementary school, operated here between 1784–1927. In 1928, the Saint Anton College was built as an addition. At this time the building is occupied by the Franciscan Sisters of Mallersdorf.
At the time of the great plague, in 1710 two Franciscan monks, by the names Fábián Bernádin and Kálmán Ferenc have sacrificed themselves to aid the people affected by the sickness.
Address: Városháza square, 15