The ruin of the “Szekler-Attacked” Castle is situated just outside the main square at 12 Tompa Laszló street. István Báthory, prince of Transylvania, began construction on the fortress which was later completed by prince János Zsigmond, after he suppressed the rebellion of the Szekler common people in 1562. The building was completed in Italian style with several bastions, as required by fortress building parlance of the era. In 1600, after the battle of Sellenberk (1599), it was decided that the ruined fortress would be rebuilt. However, its restoration took place only later, under the tenure of Bethlen Gábor, Prince of Transylvania. In 1706 the fortress was finally ruined and from that date was known as the Ruined castle.